Conditions Treated by Fertility Surgery
We help you understand the conditions treated by fertility surgery
No one is excited about the idea of surgery, but our Austin fertility surgeons know that it can help many women make their dreams of motherhood come true. Before you take the plunge and commit to surgery, learn more about the conditions treated by fertility surgery.
A list of conditions treated by fertility surgery
Our Austin fertility surgeons strive to create the most effective and least invasive treatment plan possible. But sometimes fertility surgery is the only way to move forward. Wondering what conditions can benefit from fertility surgery? Take a look at the following list to find out:
- Endometriosis occurs when the uterine lining grows outside of the uterus. It can cause debilitating pain and infertility. Fertility surgery can remove endometrial implants and scar tissue to improve your symptoms and fertility.
- Fibroids are benign growths of the uterine muscle that can cause heavy periods, pain and infertility. Surgery can relieve these symptoms by removing the fibroids.
- Adhesions, also known as scar tissue, can occur due to endometriosis, pelvic infections or surgery. They can cause chronic pelvic pain, infertility and bowel obstructions if they are not removed with surgery.
- Ovarian cysts may resolve spontaneously or it may be recommended for you to take birth control pills. But in some cases, surgery may be necessary to improve your fertility.
- Polyps are caused by an overgrowth of the cells in the uterine lining. They can cause heavy bleeding and infertility, but surgery can alleviate these symptoms by removing the polyps.
Fertility surgery may also be helpful in other cases, so you should consult with one of our Austin fertility surgeons to determine if surgery is right for you.
The benefits of fertility surgery
The primary benefit of fertility surgery is that it treats many conditions that cause discomfort and infertility. Our Austin fertility surgeons are highly trained in minimally invasive surgical techniques that are designed to minimize pain and recovery time while producing excellent surgical outcomes.
Contact us if you would like to schedule an appointment with one of our Austin fertility surgeons to learn if fertility surgery can help improve your quality of life and fertility.
| Category: Surgical Management of Infertility, Texas Fertility Center