Need surgery information? Find out about scheduling your appointment with TFC.
As part of the infertility evaluation, surgery may be recommended to diagnose and/or treat many gynecologic problems.
As part of the infertility evaluation, surgery may be recommended to diagnose and/or treat many gynecological problems. Such conditions include:
- Ovarian cysts
- Pelvic and/or intrauterine adhesions
- Uterine fibroids
- Endometrial polyps
- Fallopian tube disease and obstruction
- Congenital anomalies of the pelvic organs, such as a uterine or vaginal septum
The total cost for surgery is made up of several components. Your physician charges his/her fee to actually perform the procedure; the surgery center or hospital charges for the use of their facility, equipment, and supplies; the anesthesiologist charges for his/her services, and lab work is billed directly by the laboratory. Each of these providers’ bills separately from one another as “package pricing” is not allowed by law.
Scheduling your Surgery
Once the decision has been made to proceed with surgery, our Surgery Coordinators will begin the process of scheduling your procedure. As part of the process they will:
- Schedule your procedure
- Verify your insurance benefits and obtain the necessary authorizations required by your insurance carrier.
- Provide you with an estimate of your physician charges and coinsurance amounts.
- Schedule your pre-operative appointment with your physician.
After your Surgery
One or two days following your surgery, one of our clinical nurses will call you to check on your recovery, answer any questions that you may have, and schedule a post-operative appointment. The post-operative appointment typically occurs 1-2 weeks following surgery. At that time, your physician will review your surgical findings and intra-operative treatment in detail with you.
Our Austin Fertility Specialists operate at the following surgical facilities:
- Bailey Square Surgery Center
- North Austin Medical Center
- North Austin Surgery Center
- Northwest Surgery Center
- Seton Medical Center
- Oakwood Surgical Center
- South Austin Medical Center
- Seton Southwest Medical Center
- St. David’s Medical Center