Learn about IVF, in vitro fertilization, at our monthly FREE seminar
Whether you are just beginning to explore in vitro fertilization (IVF) as a fertility treatment option, or you have decided to proceed with it, you’ll need guidance and support.
You can find the information you need when you attend our Austin IVF seminar. Texas Fertility Center physicians, IVF lab embryologists and staff members lead a monthly IVF seminar to address your questions and concerns.
What to expect during our IVF seminar
During our interactive IVF seminar, our Austin fertility doctors discuss commonly asked questions about advanced reproductive technology and invite participants to engage in the discussion. All of our Austin fertility seminars are designed to help you become an informed and empowered IVF patient. Our IVF seminar is open to patients as well as anyone who is interested in learning more about IVF.
To provide you with a comprehensive education about IVF, our fertility specialists cover a variety of important topics.
- Fertility issues that are best treated by IVF
- Transitioning from basic infertility treatments to IVF
- Fertility tests that should be performed prior to IVF
- What to expect during every step of the IVF process, from beginning injectable medications to the embryo transfer
- The role of IVF in third party reproduction
- Pregnancy rates and live birth rates associated with IVF
Inside the IVF lab
An embryologist from our partner IVF laboratory, Ovation Fertility™ Austin, will give you a behind-the-scenes perspective so you will understand what happens in the IVF laboratory. For example, via a high-resolution video, you will be able to see inside the IVF lab incubators where embryos grow until the day of transfer. Our hope is to demystify IVF lab procedures by clearly explaining them.
Common IVF lab procedures include:
- Egg identification and culture following the IVF retrieval
- Insemination (the addition of sperm to the egg)
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Embryo culture and grading
- Embryo vitrification (freezing)
- Embryo biopsy and preimplantation genetic screening (PGS)
Attend our next Austin IVF seminar
The team at Texas Fertility Center recognizes that the journey from an infertility diagnosis to IVF can be overwhelming. We invite you to attend one of our monthly Austin fertility seminars on IVF to receive the information and support you need on this journey.
Space is limited, so please register here for our next IVF seminar.
2019 Advocacy Day Grant Recipient - Brittany