Explore TFC’s fertility health tips
Infertility can make you feel helpless and out of control, but you can make life-changing choices in the New Year. Texas Fertility Center encourages you to make purposeful changes, or start whittling away at your bad habits, to make 2011 your best year yet. Here are some fertility health tips to help.
A list of fertility health tips
- For a happier and more fertile New Year, get into child’s pose. In yoga, a child’s pose brings you to your knees, with your forehead resting on the floor and arms stretched overhead or to the sides. Surprisingly comfortable, yogis say certain poses like this stimulate the body’s reproductive response.
- When it comes to exercise, easy does it. We recommend moderate exercise. At most 30 minutes, 4 times a week. Women of average weight should cut back on cardio, Instead, opt for walking, Pilates, yoga or easy cycling. Too much exertion or weight loss can interfere with the reproductive cycle. This one of our top fertility health tips.
- Feed your fertility. Power foods make headlines every day. As a general rule, shop the perimeter of the grocery store—where you’ll find fresh fruits, vegetables and dairy. Also, purposefully start each day with a full fat protein breakfast.
- While alcohol may temporarily relieve stress, the long-term impact on your body’s reproductive system is unclear. However, in excess is certainly counter-productive to your baby-making goal. Cigarette smoke, on the other hand, has been linked with impaired fertility.
- Who would have thought that daily flossing could enhance pregnancy? There’s solid evidence for a connection between oral hygiene and overall health. Tiny microorganisms in the mouth can lead to heart disease and complications with diabetes, osteoporosis and pregnancy.
Above all else, find your happy place. Studies repeatedly find a mind-body connection to fertility. Helping others, taking regular naps, petting a dog or cat, reading a good book or getting a massage may lay the foundation for a successful cycle. Our best wishes for you in 2011, for serenity throughout the journey and a milestone year of fertility. Contact us to learn more fertility health tips.