Preparing for Your First Fertility Appointment
Find tips to make your first fertility appointment a success
You might think that getting ready for your first fertility appointment just involves completing some forms. It’s true that getting your paperwork in order is important. However, it’s not the only thing you’ll need to do to have a successful visit at our Austin fertility clinic. Our team has created this handy guide to help you get off on the right foot on your path to parenthood.
What do you need to bring to your fertility appointment?
Before you head out the door (or open your computer) for your first fertility appointment, you’ll want to make sure you’re ready.
- Bring your partner: You’re in this together with your partner, so you’ll want to have him or her attend the appointment with you.
- Make a list of questions: Your doctor is here to provide answers, so come armed with a list of questions, even the ones you think are embarrassing.
- Give us access to your medical records: You don’t have to bring your medical records to your first fertility appointment, but make sure our team has access to review them.
- Think about your family-building goals: Do you want to have one baby or are you hoping to have a larger family?
- Consider what treatments you’re willing to try: Do you want to pursue aggressive treatment that can help you have a baby as soon as possible, or do you want to try a more natural approach?
- Have an idea of your budget: Try your best to research your infertility insurance benefits. We know this is often difficult, and we’re happy to help you. Have an open discussion with your partner about how much you feel comfortable spending on fertility treatment to make sure you’re on the same page.
We made it easy to take the questions with you to your appointment.
What to bring to your first appointment list.
Everyone approaches treatment differently.
We want you to help us understand your goals and preferences so that we can develop a customized fertility treatment plan for you. Infertility treatment is a team effort and we’re all in this together. If you have more questions about how to prepare for your first fertility appointment, our team is here for you. Please contact us to get answers and peace of mind.
Learn more before your first appointment.
More than IVF: Fertility treatment options
TFC Webinar Series: Your First Fertility Evaluation