Amy Schutt MD diagnoses and treats infertility to make parenthood possible
- Amy Schutt MD understands that becoming a parent is what many people dream of. She also knows how frustrating and heartbreaking it can be when infertility gets in the way of this dream. This knowledge is what motivated her to become an Austin fertility doctor. She graduated from the University of Virginia with a Bachelor of Arts in biology before completing medical school at the Texas Tech University School of Medicine. There, she was elected to AOA (Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society).
Dr. Schutt then completed an internship and residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Virginia Health System, where she served as chief resident. To round out her training, she completed her fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (REI) as well as a Master of Science in clinical investigation at Baylor College of Medicine.
After fellowship, Dr. Schutt remained on faculty for six years at Baylor College of Medicine where she helped hundreds of patients build their families. She was active in medical education, most recently serving as REI Fellowship Program Director. Her leadership roles also included Councilor of Baylor College of Medicine Chapter of AOA, where she advocated for professionalism in medicine. This wealth of experience makes Dr. Schutt an excellent addition to Texas Fertility Center and to the greater Austin community.
Dr. Schutt has earned a wide variety of awards and honors
Amy Schutt MD has received many awards for her hard work and skill as a fertility doctor. Some examples include being listed as a Texas Super Doctors Rising Star and being named one of the Top Doctors in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility by Houstonia Magazine.
While diagnosing and treating patients is the main passion for this Austin fertility doctor, she is also committed to advancing the field with research. She has performed research on many different topics.
- Insulin resistance in polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Postnatal depression in infertility patients
- The effects of controlled ovarian hyperstimulation
- Symptoms in women with “lean PCOS”
- Obesity and fertility outcomes in women
Amy Schutt MD is a member of many professional organizations, which allows her to stay current on the latest developments in reproductive medicine.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG)
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM)
- Texas Medical Association
Patients trust Amy Schutt MD to provide comprehensive infertility care
Dr. Schutt has the training and experience to diagnose and treat all infertility causes. She is especially passionate about several areas of reproductive medicine.
- Metabolic optimization and fertility treatments for individuals with PCOS
- Fertility preservation (both elective and medical)
- LGBTQ family-building support for individuals and couples
Our Austin fertility doctor enjoys working with her patients because she is able to help all individuals and couples through an emotional time. “When patients need fertility care, they often feel overwhelmed and discouraged. They want nothing more than to have a baby, but something is standing in their way. It’s an honor to help them remove any obstacles to parenthood.”
If you’d like to schedule an appointment with this caring and highly skilled fertility specialist, contact us today. Dr. Schutt is here to help make your dream of parenthood come true.
Get to know Dr Amy Schutt
Dr. Schutt's Fertility Videos
Talking About PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) With Dr. Amy Schutt
Dr. Amy Schutt Proudly Provides LGBTQ Fertility Care
Dr Amy Schutt Recommends Preconception Carrier Screening
Discussing Medical Fertility Preservation for Oncofertility With Dr. Amy Schutt
Information About Elective Egg Freezing From Dr. Amy Schutt
Dr. Amy Schutt Discusses Misconceptions About Fertility Preservation
Dr. Schutt Discusses Preimplantation Genetic Testing