Our goals for providing fertility care in Austin
When we dedicated our careers to providing fertility care in Austin, we made many commitments. We vowed to develop a patient-centric practice that provides world-class care in a nurturing and state-of-the-art environment. We also made a commitment to be more than fertility specialists.
Our Austin fertility doctors perform leading-edge research and help train the future leaders in our field. We use our expertise to help pharmaceutical and biotech companies develop the next generation of fertility treatments while working with managed care, Fortune 500 companies and our representatives in Congress to expand insurance coverage.
Finally, we work to raise awareness about infertility as a curable disease, fund worthy scientific research and help increase access to fertility treatments.
Get to know our team and the TFC difference
Founded by Thomas Vaughn MD in 1980, TFC is now one of the largest and most successful fertility practices in the United States. All patients see a board certified reproductive endocrinologist at every visit. We also offer many office locations, from Round Rock to Austin to San Antonio, to make visiting our doctors as convenient as possible.
Every TFC patient has an assigned nurse who works seamlessly with our Austin fertility doctors. Each nurse is specially trained to answer questions about all the treatments TFC offers – from the simple to the complex. Many members of our billing team used to work for insurance companies. Their experience helps our patients optimize their insurance benefits. We also partner with Ovation® Fertility, a nationwide network of IVF laboratories, to provide leading-edge technologies and techniques to our patients.
Our Austin fertility doctors provide comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of male and female infertility and recurrent pregnancy loss. These treatments include fertility medications for ovulation induction, intrauterine insemination (IUI), in vitro fertilization (IVF) and preimplantation genetic testing of embryos (PGT). Our team also offers other specialized treatments.
- Fertility preservation. For nearly three decades, TFC has provided sperm freezing services. We also provide egg and embryo freezing for women who are facing fertility-damaging medical treatments or who want to delay motherhood. Although many fertility programs may tell you that they can freeze eggs, TFC is the only program in Central Texas that has had more than 150 healthy babies delivered from both patient and donor eggs we have frozen in our laboratory.
- Minimally invasive and robotic fertility surgery. Fertility care in Austin sometimes involves surgery to treat fibroids, endometriosis, uterine abnormalities or pelvic adhesions. Each TFC fertility doctor is trained to use advanced surgical techniques to correct these problems. These techniques minimize scar tissue development and shorten recovery time. Our doctors have privileges at all major hospitals and surgery centers in the Greater Austin area.
- Mental health and acupuncture. Our Austin fertility doctors recognize that infertility is stressful, so we work with Central Texas’ leading mental health counselors to ensure that our patients have all the support that they need as they go through this process. We also collaborate with the top acupuncture specialists in Austin to integrate their recommendations into your fertility treatment.
World-class fertility care in Austin relies on a superior laboratory
Our CLIA-certified andrology laboratories perform specialized sperm testing to determine the best treatment for men with low sperm count or poor sperm function. In cases of severe male factor infertility, our team works together to isolate and prepare even extremely low numbers of sperm for fertilization or injection directly into the eggs. In the most extreme cases, our team works with Central Texas’ finest urologists who can isolate extremely small quantities of sperm using microsurgical sperm retrieval procedures. These techniques have allowed our Ovation embryologists to produce healthy babies from as few as five total sperm.
When couples need advanced treatment using IVF, Central Texas’ largest IVF program is prepared to offer anything they need. From frozen eggs and novel stimulation protocols, to assisted hatching, genetic embryo testing and elective single embryo transfer (eSET), TFC is a worldwide leader.
TFC provides much more than fertility care in Austin
Providing exceptional patient care is the focus and passion of our Austin fertility doctors. We also focus on advancing the field of reproductive medicine through research, education, consultation, advocacy and charity.
- Research. The field of infertility is always evolving. To stay at the forefront, we established our own research department in 1995. Since then, we have worked with every leading company in the fertility field to help develop and test new medications, treatment protocols and surgical techniques. Our research has received national and international recognition, and our physicians routinely present at major meetings around the world.
- Education. Our Austin fertility doctors actively train medical students and residents. The TFC physicians also host continuing medical education programs for local OBGYNs. Most importantly, we host monthly educational seminars for our patients. We believe an informed patient is an empowered patient.
- Consultation. We consult with the leading companies in the pharmaceutical, surgical and biotechnology industries. Our doctors serve on many medical advisory boards to help identify and evaluate new technologies and treatments. We also consult with several Fortune 500 companies and insurance companies to broaden coverage for infertility. In fact, Dr. Kaylen Silverberg is a consultant to Southwest Airlines and helped write their infertility benefit that has now been in place for almost 20 years. Our recommendations have reduced the cost of fertility coverage for several large employers.
- Advocacy. Our Austin fertility doctors lobby at both the state and national level. Drs. Vaughn and Silverberg both successfully lobbied the Texas legislature on behalf of laws permitting the use of donor sperm, eggs and embryos for Texans. Dr. Silverberg lobbies regularly in Washington D.C., and he is also an advisor to four members of our Texas Congressional delegation on issues related to healthcare policy.
- Charity. TFC helped establish the Fertility Foundation of Texas, one of the nation’s largest foundations focused solely on fertility. This 501(c)(3) charitable foundation was formed to raise awareness about infertility, help Central Texas patients afford fertility care and fund infertility research. This foundation allows patients, forward-thinking companies and philanthropic entities to help those who struggle with infertility.
As you can see, TFC is more than an infertility practice. Our commitment to excellence in the field of infertility has resulted in the birth of 24,000 babies, helping us fulfill our mission of turning patients into parents.
We hope that you will allow us to help you fulfill your dream of having a family. Contact us to schedule an appointment with our Austin fertility doctors to learn more.