Become a father with fertility treatments for single men
Single fatherhood is becoming more common, and our Austin fertility center is here to help make it possible for more men. The team at Texas Fertility Center offers fertility treatments for single men, including egg donation and gestational surrogacy. With these family-building tools, single men can share a biological connection with their child.
Exploring the different fertility treatments for single men
Our Austin fertility center supports men who are considering single fatherhood. We believe that anyone with the love and desire to raise a child should be able to do so. We make this possible for many men using fertility treatments for single men.
- Egg donation is necessary for single men who want to start or grow a family. We offer a pool of diverse and highly qualified egg donors at our Austin fertility center. Men can view the profiles of each woman to select the donor who is the best fit.
- Gestational surrogacy involves creating an embryo from the single father’s sperm and a donor egg before transferring it to another woman’s uterus. This woman will carry the pregnancy for the man.
The steps to make single fatherhood possible
After selecting an egg donor and gestational surrogate, the process to achieve single fatherhood involves several steps. Here’s a deeper look at the fertility treatments for single men and the women who will help them.
- Ovarian stimulation and egg retrieval. The egg donor will take medications to stimulate the growth of multiple eggs in her ovaries. One of our doctors will then retrieve the mature eggs in a short outpatient procedure. During this time, the gestational surrogate will take medication to prepare her body for pregnancy.
- Fertilization and testing. Our embryologists will fertilize the eggs with sperm, which the father will have provided earlier. They will monitor the growth and development of the embryos. They can also provide preimplantation genetic testing (PGT) to screen the embryos for chromosomal abnormalities.
- Embryo transfer and monitoring. A doctor at our Austin fertility center will then transfer one healthy embryo to the gestational surrogate’s uterus. Two weeks later, she will return for a pregnancy test. If positive, our team will monitor her pregnancy until releasing her to her OB/GYN.
Contact us to take the next step towards single fatherhood
If you’re interested in fertility treatments for single men, contact us to schedule a consultation at our Austin fertility center. We look forward to helping you on the path to single fatherhood.