Tips for picking a fertility specialist
Picking a fertility specialist is a very important step on the family-building journey. Texas Fertility Center (TFC) is home to world-class fertility specialists, all with similar experience, training and success rates for pregnancy. Each of our Austin fertility doctors treats the whole person, not just their infertility diagnosis. However, every doctor has a different personality and care philosophy, so you’ll want to find the best fit for you.
A look at our doctor’s qualifications
Although some of our Austin fertility doctors were trained in the North and others were trained in the South, they are all board certified in both Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Endocrinology/Infertility. They received thousands of hours of training at prestigious American universities.
Because all of these things are equal, picking a fertility specialist comes down to practice style and personality. Infertility is a rocky road, and feeling connected to your physician is vital to the success of your treatment.
Questions to ask when picking a fertility specialist
Consider the following points to determine which TFC doctor is right for you.
- Decide what type of doctor you are most comfortable with for your treatment. What personality traits are you looking for in your physician? Do you want one who gives you the data and lets you decide the course? Or one who chooses the best option for you? Do you want your physician to be a male or a female? Does it even matter?
- Talk to your referring physician about the doctors at TFC. Most referring doctors know our Austin fertility doctors from professional associations and meetings, so they can share a little about their personalities.
- Review the TFC website. Each doctor’s background is available in the About Us tab. You can also watch videos from each doctor to get a feel for their communication styles.
- When you call for your first appointment, talk to the intake nurse about what you are looking for in a physician. Let them know what style of doctor you work best with and any scheduling constraints you may have.
- Schedule a consultation with your doctor. During this time, you and your partner should meet with the doctor to discuss your medical history and what you are looking for in a doctor. Be sure to bring a list of questions.
Want to learn more about our Austin fertility doctors while you’re picking a fertility specialist? You can view their profiles, videos and CVs here. You can also contact us to schedule an appointment and get started with your family-building journey.